Stefano Gabbana is a Milanese designer and fashion designer, co-owner and founder of Dolce & Gabbana. Once having met his friend and colleague Domenico Dolce in the sewing studio where they worked together, the young man changes his life drastically, deciding to learn the art of dressing people. The result of the collaboration of two talented designers is a huge corporation with billions in revenue.
Stefano Gabbana was born on November 14, 1963 in Venice, but almost immediately his family moved to Milan. He grew up a tall and lean brown-eyed mod who did not have difficulty communicating.
Stefano's childhood was easy. The mother gave birth to a child from the famous and wealthy Milanese fashion designer, although she herself worked as a laundress and did not have money as much as she wanted. Stefano later recalled that his mother had a beautiful red cropped jacket and flared trousers of the same color. The woman sometimes liked to dress up in him and go shopping with her little son.
The father did not give up his illegitimate son, so the boy always had pocket money and fashionable clothes. Stefano often attended various parties and parties, fashion clubs.
His favorite designer at that time was Elio Fiorucci, the clothes of this Fashion House constantly replenished the wardrobe of the young man. Fiorucci sewed bright and stylish youth models that were used by most Milanese youth.
The first steps into the fashion world
Having a lot of what most of Milan’s youth was deprived of - money and good designer taste - Stefano didn’t even think about the career of a fashion designer.
He wanted to draw and transferred everything to paper: huge paintings, small miniatures, fantasy stories, people, nature. As a result, the young man enters the art college, after which he receives a diploma of “Creative Director”.
He met Domenico Dolce Gabbana while working as an assistant to a fashion studio. The decision to organize a common company did not come immediately. Their company Dolce & Gabbana, founded in 1982, was located in a tiny city studio. The shows were modest, there was not enough money not only for the presentation of models, but also for food.
From a small studio to a huge corporation
- In 1984, fashion designers became participants in Milan Fashion Week.
- In 1985, the first debut at Milano Collezzioni, after which they were noticed by critics. Designers explain the success of their designs by the fact that they have different views on fashion, but by common efforts they always find a compromise that can appeal to conservatives and innovators of fashion trends.
- In 1988, Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce presented the first collection of pret-a-porter for women, mass production models. They were inspired by Gina Lollobrigida and Sophia Loren to create the images.
- In 1989, fashion designers presented their fans with a collection of bathing suits and underwear.
- In 1990, the world saw a collection of models for men.
- In 1992, the first female fragrance Dolce & Gabbana Parfum was launched under the Dolce & Gabbana brand name.awarded the Academy of Perfumery Award.
- In 1992, perfumes for men were developed.
- In 1994, a new D&G line appeared. In 2011, two lines merged: Dolce & Gabbana and D&G.
- At the turn of the century, the Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue perfume line appears, which is still in demand.
- In 2011 The brand presents its own jewelry.
- In 2013, designers presented a new fragrance to a children's audience.
Dolce & Gabbana today
Over 10 years of successful work, a small company has turned into a huge monster, bringing millions of dollars to its owners. In the early 90's. Dolce & Gabbana branded boutiques opened in Singapore (Singapore), Seoul (Seoul), Hong Kong (Hong Kong).
Designers have developed a new lingerie style in clothes, making the bra a luxurious accessory. They turned the widow's black mourning dress into sexy clothes and introduced ripped jeans.
Today Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana are regular members of television channels, fashion magazines and fashion portals. Their brand stores cover 80 countries. Sometimes designers are accused of vulgarity, but for a long time the couple could not reveal their relationship to the public. Only after living together for 15 years, they were able to talk about this press. Even after breaking up in 2004, former lovers talk about each other with tenderness and romance.
- Stefano Gabbana's mother has kept a large collection of branded packages from Fiorucci, which her son collected in her youth. And the fashion designer himself, having reached the pinnacle of world fame, did not forget to invite Elio Fiorucci to his shows as an honored guest and childhood idol.
- A year and a half at the beginning of their acquaintance with Domenico Dolce, young people worked as assistants in the studio and sat at the same table. It was at the desktop that their friendship, the ideas of a joint company and love began to emerge.
- Initially, a common company was created to advise customers in the field of fashion.
- The first show of their own collection took place right in their apartment. There was no advertising, only friends and acquaintances were informed. Friends were also models. The second show was held in a nearby cafe, so it was more profitable financially.
- Since 2006, the Italian football team has been dressing in costumes designed by Dolce & Gabbana.
- The design and tailoring of stage costumes for Dolce and Gabbana's performances was entrusted to Madonna, Whitney Houston and Kylie Minogue.
- Designer cars trimmed with Swarovski diamonds from the inside, Dolce & Gabbana are created in tandem with Citroen.
- The serious disagreement between Stefano and Domenico was introduced only by the issue of the presence of children among gay partners. Stefano wanted to have a common child and not one, for this he suggested that the partner use the surrogate mother. However, Domenico believed that the child should have mom and dad, and test tube children are not the best option for the appearance of the heir.
- The model house has published more than 20 books about the history of its formation and development, about collections, about events in the world. Fashion designers donated part of the proceeds from the sale to charity.